- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) License #180-00-3633
- Qualified HIV Early Intervention Counselor (QHEIC) Qualification # 156
- Masters of Arts from Concordia University
- Bachelor of Arts, Board of Governors from Northeastern Illinois University
- CADC Coursework at College of DuPage
Years of Experience: I have been in the field since 1992 and started at Renz Center in 2000.
What you enjoy about working as a clinician: I enjoy watching clients start to make changes in their lives. I especially like seeing adolescents graduate from high school and go on to college or into areas of their lives that they are happy in. I like having clients come back to report how well they are doing in their lives.
Areas of Specialty: I work with adolescents and adult males. I have also worked with families of alcoholics and addicts and I do HIV education, counseling, and testing. I enjoy the diversity of my job. My clients also are coming from a diverse background. They come to Renz with legal, economic, school, and cultural issues.
Therapeutic Approaches: My first goal with a client is to build a rapport with them so I can have a better understand of their life and concerns. I want to facilitate changes in their lives that help them make better decisions for themselves. I have experience with different approaches such as motivational interviewing, cognitive behavioral, and goal development.
Favorite Quote: Keep It Simple.