Free Assessments Call 847-742-3545 x1
What is Recovery?
Recovery is breaking the cycle of hazardous drug/alcohol use or problem gambling. At Renz Addiction Counseling Center, we help restore hope and recover lives by supporting people who begin the process of recovery. Our clients improve their self-confidence, self-image and self-respect.
Each treatment program is designed to help individuals develop the structure and tools necessary to begin recovery from their substance use disorder. Renz Center employs an integrative approach, utilizing evidence-based therapy practices that include Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Seeking Safety, Matrix Model, Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP), Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Motivational Interviewing, and Contingency Management. For many clients who are dealing with a primary mental health/mental illness, we approach their treatment focused on their co-occurring disorders and focus on both issues concurrently.
We are approved to provide treatment to clients who are involved in the Court systems in Cook, DuPage, Kane and McHenry Counties. Our women’s program employs a childcare worker 4 evenings per week to care for the children of our women with dependent children clients.
Adult Outpatient Services at Renz Addiction Counseling Center consist of individual, group and family counseling. Specialty groups include:
- Young Adult – for those who are (17-20 years old)
- Dual Diagnosis – for those who have mental health concerns as well as substance misuse issues
- Cognitive Change – for those who struggle with responsibility, thinking errors and impulsive decision making
- Seeking Safety – for those who also have a history of trauma as we promote safe and healthy behavior changes
- Relapse Prevention Education – for those who have struggled with past relapse and are creating a strong recovery program
- Parenting Group – for those who can benefit from supportive parenting education
- Medication Assisted Treatment – for individuals struggling with an alcohol and/or opiate use disorder (more information) (informational video)
- Relapse Prevention Process – for those who are in Active Stage Of Change who are practicing a strong recovery program and are encouraged to implement safe and supportive long-term recovery.
We provide outpatient treatment services to individuals who misuse substances or who are chemically dependent. In addition, Continuing Care Services are available to anyone who has experienced six months or more of abstinence and has completed a treatment program, or is actively involved with an outside support system (i.e., 12-Step Program).
Sliding scale fees are possible through agency fundraising and community support such as:
- Fox Valley United Way
- Geneva Community Chest
- Geneva Mental Health Board
- Hanover Township Mental Health Board
- St. Charles Mental Health Board
We serve individuals in western Cook and north/central Kane County, including but not limited to: Elgin, South Elgin, Carpentersville, St. Charles, Geneva, Burlington, Hampshire, Streamwood, Hanover Park, Bartlett, Hoffman Estates, Schaumburg, Barrington, Lake in the Hills and Algonquin.