Are you interested in completing your internship with Renz Center?
Renz Center partners with a number of colleges and universities so students can obtain their required clinical counseling internship hours. Interns at Renz Center work with our entire clinical team within our outpatient clinical programs while learning more about various treatment evidenced based practices. Renz Center accepts interns who are required to complete a minimum of 225 internship hours up to 750 hours of internship over either one semester of a full academic year. If you are interested in completing your internship at Renz Center, please review the guidelines below.
To apply for an internship opportunity with Renz Centers Clinical Program, please submit a resume and a cover letter which includes the following information:
- College/University name
- Internship start and end dates (approximate is fine)
- Number of hours required per week
- Number of hours total required for your clinical or counseling program
- Addiction related coursework you have completed and any addiction related courses you plan to take during the semesters of your internship
- Any schedule restrictions that you may have focusing on days and time of the day and evening you are available for your internship hours.
- Required credentials of supervisor
- What interests you about working with clients who are dealing with and being treated for a substance use disorder
- If there are any other elements of your internship that may need to be taken into account, please include that in your letter.
Renz Center accepts internship inquiries 9 month in advance of the internship start date. We currently partner with the following schools. (If you don’t see your school listed, please contact your field placement office to see if Renz Center may be an option for you.)
- Aurora University
- Elgin Community College
- Loyola University
- National Louis University
- Roosevelt University
- University of Illinois at Chicago (Jane Addams School of Social Work)
- Waubonsee Community College
Please send resume to: Director of Clinical Services
Colleen Koncilja LCSW, CADC, ICGC-II, QHEIC